Accounting, 9th edition
By Charles T. Horngren, et al.
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
1,315 Pages, Illustrated
$137.50 Paper Original
For Principle of Accounting Courses (Sole Proprietorship).
The trusted choice for “I Get It!” moments!
With its tried-and-true framework and respected author team, Horngren/Harrison/Oliver’s Accounting–when combined with MyAccountingLab–is the trusted choice for instructors and students of Principles of Accounting.
The ninth edition preserves the classic, solid foundation of the previous editions, while also including a modern and fresh teaching approach that helps students understand the complexities of accounting, giving them more "I Get It!” moments.
MyAccountingLab New Design is now available for this title! MyAccountingLab New Design offers:
- One Place for All of Your Courses. Improved registration experience and a single point of access for instructors and students who are teaching and learning multiple MyLab/Mastering courses.
- A Simplified User Interface. The new user interface offers quick and easy access to Assignments, Study Plan, eText & Results, as well as additional option for course customization.
- New Communication Tools. The following new communication tools can be used to foster collaboration, class participation, and group work.
- Email: Instructors can send emails to their entire class, to individual students or to instructors who has access to their course.
- Discussion Board: The discussion board provides students with a space to respond and react to the discussions you create. These posts can also be separated out into specific topics where students can share their opinions/answers and respond to their fellow classmates’ posts.
- Chat/ ClassLive: ClassLive is an interactive chat tool that allows instructors and students to communicate in real time. ClassLive can be used with a group of students or one-on-one to share images or PowerPoint presentations, draw or write objects on a whiteboard, or send and received graphed or plotted equations. ClassLive also has additional classroom management tools, including polling and hand-raising.
- Enhanced eText. Available within the online course materials and offline via an iPad app, the enhanced eText allows instructors and students to highlight, bookmark, take notes, and share with one another.
1 Accounting and the business environment
2 Recording business transactions
3 The adjusting process
4 Completing the accounting cycle
5 Merchandising operations
6 Merchandise inventory
7 Internal control and cash
9 Plant assets and intangibles
10 Current liabilities and payroll
11 Long-term liabilities, Bonds Payable, and Classification of Liabilities on the Balance Sheet
12 Corporations, paid-in capital, and the balance sheet
13 Corporations: effects on retained earnings and the income statement
14 Statement of cash flows
15 Financial statement analysis
16 Introduction to management accounting
17 Job order and process costing
18 Activity-based costing and other cost-management tools
19 Cost-volume-profit analysis
20 Short-term business decisions
21 Capital investment decisions and the time value of money
22 The master budget and responsibility accounting
23 Flexible budgets and standard costs
24 Performance evaluation and the balanced scorecard
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page