Management Accounting for Decision Makers,
By Peter Atrill & Eddie McLaney
Financial Times (Division of Pearson Education)
536 Pages, Illustrated
$110.00 Paper Original
Designed to help you study, Management Accounting for Decision Makers is praised for its clear, accessible and uncluttered style. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the main principles of management accounting, with a strong practical emphasis and avoiding excessive technical detail. It has a clear and unequivocal focus on how accounting information can be used to improve the quality of decision making by managers, providing the perfect grounding for the decision makers of the future.
Preface, Acknowledgements 1. Introduction to management accounting 2. Relevant costs for decision making 3. Cost-volume-profit analysis 4. Full costing 5. Costing and pricing in a competitive environment 6. Budgeting 7. Accounting for control 8. Making capital investment decisions 9. Managing working capital 10. Measuring and controlling divisional performance 11. Strategic Management Accounting Appendix A: Glossary of key terms Appendix B: Solutions to self-assessment questions Appendix C: Solutions to selected exercises Appendix D: Present value table Index
- Numerous activities and exercises enable you to constantly test your understanding and reinforce learning.
- Lively and relevant examples from the real world demonstrate the practical application and value of concepts and techniques learnt.
- Interactive ‘open-learning’ style is ideal for self-study.
- Decision-making focus on the use of accounting information rather than the preparation is highly appropriate for business managers.
- Full range of topical examples from the service sector, public sector and manufacturing industry.
- Key terms, glossary and bulleted summaries are excellent revision aids.
- Fully supported by MyAccountingLab
Peter Atrill is a freelance academic and author working with leading institutions in the UK, Europe and SE Asia. He was previously Head of Business and Management and Head of Accounting and Law at the University of Plymouth Business School.
Eddie McLaney is Visiting Fellow in Accounting and Finance at the University of Plymouth.
Return to Businesstitles.com main page