ECDL4 The Complete Coursebook for Mac OSX
By Paul Holden and Sharon Murphy
Pearson Education / Financial Times
832 Pages, Illustrated, 7 ½" x 9 ¾"
$67.50 paper original
The European Computer Driving License (ECDL) is an internationally recognized certificate of end-user computing skills. It provides objective proof that the holder has achieved a standard of competence in the most common business applications. Employers are increasingly relying on the ECDL to validate training courses and to recruit computer-literate staff. The syllabus covers the following modules:
- Basic Concepts of Information Technology
- Using the Computer and Managing Files
- Word Processing
- Information and Communication
Comprehensively revised and updated to reflect the latest version of the ECDL syllabus – ECDL4 – this is the first comprehensive coursebook to cover all seven modules of the ECDL syllabus using the popular Apple Macintosh operating system Mac OS X .It provides everything a student needs to gain full understanding and practical knowledge of the subjects covered by the syllabus, and then to pass the ECDL tests. Written by experienced trainers, the book offers clear, simple and friendly guidance on all of the ECDL modules.
- Basic computer terms and concepts explained in plain English.
- Over 700 screen images and illustrations to guide the student through Mac OSX® and Mac OSX® applications.
- 'How-to' information based on practical examples of everyday tasks.
- Short cuts and insider tips drawn from the real-world experience of computer professionals.
- Summary of critical information at the end of each section.
- Comprehensive easy-to-follow exercises.
Everything a student needs to know to become fully computer literate and pass the ECDL tests, all in one book!
Visit us on the web at pearson-books.com
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page