Economics for Business & Management,
By ,Stuart Wall
Financial Times/ Prentice Hall
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
$115.00 paper original
Part One: Micro Business Environment
1. Markets and resource allocation 2. Demand, revenue and consumer behaviour 3. Supply, production and cost 4. Business organisation, objectives and behaviour 5. Firm size, mergers and the 'public interest' 6. Market structures 7. Labour and other factor markets 8. Market failure: regulation and competition Part Two: Macro Business Environment
9. National income determination 10. Government policies: instruments and objectives 11. Demographic and social environment 12. Political, legal, ecological and technological environment 13. Functions of management: domestic business environment 14. International business environment 15. Strategies in a globalised business environment 16. Leisure, hospitality and sports sectors Appendix 1: Indifference curves, budget lines and the 'law of demand' Appendix 2: Isoquants, isocosts and economic efficiency
List of contributors
Answers To Checkpoints And Activities
- Takes a highly interactive and engaging approach, with activities, exercises and checkpoints throughout the text. Answers and responses are all found at the end of the book.
- A wide variety of up-to-date case study materials, drawn from many business sectors, appear in every chapter. These cases highlight current business concerns and government issues and policies in the UK, the EU and globally.
- Structured sets of both short and longer questions are included at the end of each chapter, making this book ideal for self study
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page